Audley's cross. A cross was erected on the spot where Audley was reported to have been killed after
the battle, and replaced with the current stone cross in 1765, which was renovated in 1949 on the
500th anniversary of the battle. The cross is the only
visible indication that there was a battle on the fields of Blore Heath. It is on private farmland
and can only be visited with permission.
The inscription on the cross reads:
On this spot was fought the Battle of Blore Heath 1459.
Lord Audley, who commanded the Lancastrian forces was defeated and slain.
This monument was restored by Tyrley Parish Council to mark the 500th anniversary of the battle.